Search This Blog

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Informal Theme # 5: Love and Laugh

                         As the whole universe know, Romeo & Juliet has a mournful ending. A dreadful, fatal, deadly ending for a lovely couple. Who knows? Maybe a twist could return all the tears millions of people cried for this story. How about, a total opposite of what we are expecting? Perhaps, a comic relief that can change our sad faces into a bright and cheerful one. Well, here's a glimpse of a humorous tail end.
                        Paris went with his page in the grave to visit Juliet's fake tomb. Paris asked the Page to leave him alone. The Page obeyed what his master told him to do. When Paris is sure that no one can hear him but the corpse, he pull out a bag full of make-up. "Oh Juliet, my Juliet! Why did  you die. You die without telling me how to put this blush on correctly!", he exclaimed. " This lipstick, oh your lipstick that made Romeo fell in love with you. I just wanted to marry you because, I wanted to know your beauty secrets." Suddenly Romeo appeared out of the dark. "Shhhh, Paris. I've heard all of the words you said. You're disgusting", Romeo shouted. Instead, Paris hugged Romeo, and suddenly slipped a vial that has love potion in it inside his suit. Romeo ignored him and opened Juliet's tomb. He was so depressed that he didn't realize that the vial he was holding was a love potion. He drink it, without any doubt. The first person he saw was Paris, and the love potion gave its effect. Romeo suddenly run and hug Paris, his true love. On the other hand, Juliet saw the two  men and was so shocked. So shocked that he run straight to Paris and tweak his hair. "You bastard, what have you done!". "Juliet stop accusing my lovely girlfriend. Oh my Paris, my sweetheart. Don't cry, it's fine.", Romeo said protecting Paris. Juliet cried so hard that she became paranoid and sing."Whah,wuhah,wuhahah, Paris is so ugly, he looks like a dummy....! Paris is so ugly, his body smells like a doggy. Paris is a gay, his face looks like a  clay." She sings, and sings while the two are exchanging words of love. "My honey bunch I love you so much!", " I love you four, forever".
                          And I think, I should end my story here. I'm sure if Shakespeare is alive, he will kill me for giving his story a very corny ending. Because this is the total opposite of what his reader's are expecting. But this is just one of those editions and revisions that was made by different authors to relieve pain and sadness through their hearts. To make love more enjoying and exciting, we need joy and happiness. "Love and Laugh, Laugh and Love"

No comments:

Post a Comment