Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Informal Theme # 3.4: A Priceless Day with the Bard of Avon

                I was almost sleepy as a hazy child, as hard to see as a long time blind. My head felt dizzy, my eyes wanted to cry, but still I'm not sure the reason why. You see that's how I feel when I read works of Shakespeare. I can't really understand where his words are coming? Aside from the fact, that he lived thousands of years ago, I can't think of any factor, why he wants to leave blood from my nose. I was really enjoying this enticing view of mine, especially this windy day where grasses sway by. I felt so comfortable reading under a maple tree, although I'm not sure if I really understand this book my hands are holding. I wish someone's here with me, someone who can explain this beautiful story. Who can also enjoy this fascinating scenery. Well honestly, I'm not expecting some dramatic entrance, but I felt uneasy when I saw a man walking towards my place. I guess he's in his forties, holding what I think is a notebook, but much older version and a quill. He's heading for the bench where I sit, and next second I just saw him sitting beside me. I think he looks familiar, his mustache and his hair, I really think I have seen him before.
                  And I guess I found the right guy to accompany me in this kind of day. How will I say this; I was astonished? stunned? I'm pretty sure no words can express my amazement. His eyes were full of stories, and time to time you can see his eye brows raise. The notebook was actually a scratch with these revealing words that look exactly the words in my book. And suddenly, I felt excited, cause finally, thousands of questions from my head will be answered. I was not yet able to absorb all the happiness, amazement and confusion at the same time; when he started to talk. His speech is something special, somewhat classical. The kind of man that can make you believe in what he's saying, whatever it is. I started to talk simultaneously, asking him like I was a bullet striking him. He was answering back, but seems in a different language, because of his classical accent. Then he saw the book I was holding, and he seemed much more amazed than I am. And that is when he started to tell his story, and the story behind his stories. I was really fond of listening to him, I can do it all day. Stories make me feel like escaping in the world where I am, and letting me wander around to the world full of impossible  things; and that is what he is making me feel. To wander and feel all the emotions you can imagine, like in his stories, poems and sonnets. Pain, love, happiness, magic, tragic and hundreds of more.  Somewhat, I think I  can see what he is imagining, I  can hear his voice telling his real purpose to the world, and I can feel what his stories meant, not only to me, but to thousands of generations waiting for him.
                        I understand him now, not only because I'm his number one fan. Though, I still get dizzy with his language, I think he really deserves to be the "Bard of Avon". I enjoyed this day, and thanks to Shakespeare. Now, I realized he was not just a poet, an author or a playwright. He was way too cool for being just the writer of the books and poems we're reading now. He was way too dignified, not compromised for he was much better than a boring person most of us know. He may not be a hero, may not been  president, may not been a politician, but I'm proud to say that William Shakespeare, one of my most cherished authors in the world, not only helped but made unmeasured progress in terms of literature and individual reflections in our lives. This day, I marked, is one of the most precious of all, a priceless day with Bard of Avon.

















No comments:

Post a Comment